Making this Art into a GIF doesn’t do justice to the beauty of the images in this piece. Consider viewing the larger 1200 pixel-wide GIF, or even better, the still-image version that I have posted to Flickr.
This is where Jim has been spending the day. When we had considerable submissions this afternoon, it looked as if we might reach the ransom (originally 10 GIFs, but arbitrarily raised to 12, just for fun), and so I turned off the ice-melting lasers and let the balloons drop their support lines to keep Jim afloat. Things will remain this way through the night, and if he’s still afloat in the morning, then we’ll re-negotiate the terms of the new expectations for his release.
But it has been a fun day! Thanks to all the folks who made wonderful GIFs in a valiant attempt to get Jim out!
- iamTalkyTina (1 Accepted GIF, 1 Extra GIF)
- Tom Woodward (1 Accepted GIF, 1 Extra GIF)
- Mariana Funes (1 Accepted GIF, 2 Extra GIFs)
- Ronald L (1 Accepted GIF, plus, he is going to be a True Friend soon!)
- John Johnston (1 Accepted GIF, 5 Extra GIFs)
- Vivien Rolfe (1 Accepted GIF)
- Bertha Curtis (1 Accepted GIF)
- Bill Smith (1 Accepted GIF)
- Melanie Barker (1 Accepted GIF)
- Christina Hendricks (1 Accepted GIF) (arrived after my midnight, but before hers)
TOTALS FOR TODAY –
9 10 Accepted GIFs, 9 Extra GIFs
There are badges available for all participants!
Your first @jimgroom AnimatedGIF goes towards Jim’s ransom and earns you an “Accepted GIF” badge.
Subsequent @jimgroom Animated GIF submissions do not count towards Jim’s release, but are fun and enjoyable and earn you an “Extra GIF” badge.
Be sure to also submit your posts to the Animated GIF Assignment 1633: JImGroom Animated GIF so that your work will be visible in the Assignment Bank to future participants!
Tomorrow will be another day! Keep making Art, bub!